Friday, March 26, 2010

Silent Remedy


During times of stress, I find enjoyment in seeking out those quiet little moments in the day that often we overlook or take for granted. Sometimes driving home at night after a long day at work I'll turn off the radio and the cd player, and drive home in the dark in quiet contemplation. Or, I'll wait until I reach my house then turn off the engine lights and just sit there in complete silence for a couple minutes. It's like sitting in a soundproof box; there is nothing like soaking up the silence and darkness before confronting the noise of the home that I love so very much. In a world of television, movies, washing machines, ticking clocks, and buzzing electric lights, sometimes a moment of silence is more precious than all the time in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment